To be a new Member of the Society, the name has to be proposed by two of the existing members, mentioning his / her name, address, membership number and contact details, addressing to The Secretary-cum-CEO, The Agri Horticultural Society of India, 1 Alipore Road, Kolkata – 27, along with a processing fees of Rs.200/- (Rupees Two hundred only).
Frequently Asked Questions
At present the Society is only offering Life Membership. The processing fee for application for membership is Rs. 200. For more details kindly contact CEO’s office.
Any payment can be made in cheque. The cheque is to be issued in the name of the Society.
The benefits of membership are given below:
- Free access to Library during specified hours
- Receiving a free copy of Publications of the Society
- Correspondence with Society on question of any horticultural subject
- Send specimens of leaf, flower or fruit for identification
- To visit the Society premises for walking in the morning from 5.00 a.m. to 9.00 a.m. and from 3.00 p.m. to 7.30 p.m. in the evening
- To have garden inspected by the Society and receive a report on payment of specified fees
- To have free plants / seeds worth Rs.100/- (Rupees One hundred only) per annum
To visit Society’s Flower Shows and relevant events free of charge
The entry passes for any event can be collected from the Society’s office by paying a nominal fee of Rs. 20
For the renewal of membership you have to contact CEO’s office.
Seeds and plants can be procured from the Sales counter. For buyers outside Kolkata or West Bengal, you have to call and place your order which would get dispatched by courier. Payments can be made through online transfer of fund or through cheque.
Availability of Banquet Hall can be checked on our website and for reservation you have to contact Mr. Tushar Chakrabarti at 8013876241 or 24791713/0834.